Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California- Los Angeles, 2022
M.S., Chemical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 2015
B.E., Chemical Engineering, B.M.S. College of Engineering (VTU), India, 2013
Arpita joined Prof. Menachem Elimelech’s group as a postdoctoral associate in January 2023. Her research focuses on improving the understanding of ion transport and sorption in novel electrosorption based processes.
Prior to joining Yale, Arpita earned her PhD at University of California, Los Angeles under the supervision of Prof. David Jassby, briefly working as a postdoctoral associate at the same university before joining Yale. Her work at UCLA focused on manipulating interactions at the solid-water interface in membrane-based processes to promote specific ion recovery.
Outside of work, Arpita enjoys hiking, traveling, indoor rock climbing, and playing squash.
pdfs and supporting information for group papers available on the main publications page.
1. Iddya, A.;, Zarzycki, P.; Kingsbury, R.; Khor, C.M.; Ma, S.; Wang, J.; Wheeldon, I.; Ren, Z.; Hoek, E.; Jassby, D. A reverse-selective ion exchange membrane for the selective transport of phosphates via an outer-sphere complexation–diffusion pathway. Nature Nano. 2022
2. Rao, U.; Iddya, A.; Jung, B.; Khor, C. M.; Hendren, Z.; Turchi, C.; Cath, T.; Hoek, E.; Ramon, G.; Jassby, D. Mineral scale prevention on electrically conducting membrane distillation membranes using induced electrophoretic mixing. Environ. Sci. Technol. 2020, 54 (6), 3678–3690.
3. Iddya, A.; Hou, D.; Khor, C.M.; Ren, Z.; Tester, J.; Posmanik, R.; Gross, A.; Jassby. D. Efficient ammonia recovery from wastewater using electrically conducting gas stripping membranes. Environmental Science: Nano 2020, 7 (6), 1759-1771
4. Hou, D.; Li, T.; Chen, X.; He, S.; Dai, J.; Mofid, S. A.; Hou, D.; Iddya, A.; Jassby, D.; Yang, R.; Hu, L.; Ren, Z. Hydrophobic nanostructured wood membrane for thermally efficient distillation. Science Advances. Vol 5 no.8 2019
5. Hou, D.; Iddya, A.; Chen, X.; Wang, M.; Zhang, W.; Ding, Y.; Jassby, D.; Ren, Z. Nickel-based membrane electrodes enable high-rate electrochemical ammonia recovery. Environmental Science & Technology 2018 52 (15), 8930-8938
6. Tang, L.; Iddya, A.; Zhu, X.; Dudchenko, A. V; Duan, W.; Turchi, C.; Vanneste, J.; Cath, T. Y.; Jassby, D. Enhanced flux and electrochemical cleaning of silicate scaling on carbon nanotube-coated membrane distillation membranes treating geothermal brines. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2017, acsami.7b12615.
7. Duan, W.; Chen, G.; Chen, C.; Sanghvi, R.; Iddya, A.; Walker, S.; Liu, H.; Ronen, A.; Jassby, D. Electrochemical removal of hexavalent chromium using electrically conducting carbon nanotube/polymer composite ultrafiltration membranes. J. Memb. Sci. 2017, 531 (March), 160–171.